I need to change my life and I plan to use Feng shui to do it…
I am so glad that you’ve decided to join me on the journey to find my new “Karma”. Anyone who knows me will tell you that it is likely to be a bumpy ride. You may even find it’s a roller coaster, rather than a speedy highway or a tranquil forest trail. I woke on January 1, 2016 and decided my life needs to be different.
Just how different – you might ask? We will have to wait until January 1, 2017 to really find out. However they say “life is not a destination, but a journey” – so welcome along for the ride.
Leaving the past behind
First of all why do I need different? Well that’s because the last two years saw some major shifts that have put me in a different place and with a need to explore my creativity:
- Early in 2014, I lost my job (again – yes again), decided to move to Montreal, and invited my husband to move back home (after a two year walkabout in Australia).
- Mid 2014, I moved me and my cycle-clothing business (Reverse Gear), to Montreal and started a new relationship as a tenant in my daughter’s home.
- Late 2014, while I tried to learn French (so I could survive in this French-speaking city), I focused my attention on keeping my business going and building new relationships with my husband, daughter, and grandchildren.
- By mid 2015, I had sold my business (as a going concern – achieving a goal I had set when I began the initiative). I also went to Ireland to see my third (last) offspring happily wed to the lady that lights up his life. In the first six months of 2015, I had also taken some courses in graphic design and website development – but for what purpose, or to what end, I had no idea.
- In the second half of 2015, with the business now under new ownership and no job prospects in sight, I woke every day thinking I am now “retired”. But, I really didn’t have a clue what I was going to do with the rest of my life. That is until January 1, 2016 – when I decided that I will change it! Right. But – HOW!!!
Chaos is where I begin this journey.
Moving from chaos to…
I have an accumulation of life that’s been “waiting to happen”.
Books, magazines and articles that I am “going to read” have collected in very corner of every room – yes every room. Some of these have been around the world: Winnipeg, Mississauga, Toronto, Canberra, Sydney, Gosford, Kitchener, Etobicoke and Montreal. A few even made it into and out of the RV (where we lived for three years full-time), traveling all over Canada and the United States without being read.
Remnants of my two businesses (one sold and one currently inactive) sit in boxes waiting to be sorted. I just never know when the knowledge that I have collected might be needed again. And then there’s the information the tax man might request. How many years back will he go? You say six years only? So why do I still have ten years of receipts?
There’s also the decorating aspect of my life. Am I coming or going, staying or leaving, working or retired, running a day care for my grandchildren or a new business, planning a future or leaving a past? None of the above, or all of the above? Do I leave the wallpaper in the dining room – because it is red and I like the color or because I don’t know what it covers? Or should I take it down because it is torn? But how can I repaint, when I cannot even find the walls because there is so much clutter in every room? While my creativity might be energized by such a project, my brain resists and says “it’s too much work for a retiree”, who should be saving her energy for finding her “new self”.
Seeking the answers in Feng Shui
So I have turned to my Feng shui books to help me find the answers. When started my Feng shui analysis this morning and was explaining it to my husband, he wanted to know why the air conditioner is in my relationship corner. Perhaps that is why things are a little cool between us? And how is my teddy bear collection in our prosperity section going to help us become/stay rich during our retirement? I began to wonder if they might be like good-luck fairies and maybe they will bless us with riches while we sleep.
Further analysis of the Feng shui bagua shows a hole where the career section should be. Is this further evidence that my working life has ended? Or is it a signal that I really need to do some serious work if career and prosperity are still part of my life?
Over the next twelve months, I will share my experiences of how I have used Feng shui books and good Karma practices to help with my decisions. Stay tuned to find out if I am on a turnaround trip or simply on a downhill slide into the oblivion of retirement?
Have you ever wanted to completely change your life? Have you turned to any ancient practices for help? Did they give you the answers? Please follow my expedition and share your comments about what helps along the way.